We hear all the time people talking about French toast, how good, how fluffy and delicious they are. In the end all this talking made us curious, so last Sunday we decided to give it a try 🙂
As usual me the first thing I like to do when approaching a new recipes is to research it. (We are so lucky to have all the information in the world right on our computers).
French toast has very old origin; they were first seen in Medieval Europe. They were a wonderful idea to revitalize dry and old bread. Roberto and I try to never waste food, which is how our families raised us, so we were very happy to discover this new use for old bread.
For our ultimate French toast experience we bought fresh bread, also because we didn’t have anything available at home. We had them with butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit and whip cream. We love them in every way and we finally understood way they are so popular all around the world 🙂
- 12 thick slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter
- in a bowl mix eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla
- dip the bread really fast in the eggs mixture on both side
- let the bread slice drip for a few second
- melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat
- cook the bread slices for about 3 minutes each side or until browning
- serve hot with your choice of topping