November is shining in California! The temperature is cooling down a little but the sun never leave us. Work at the chocolate shop is getting busy and we are very happy so dinner need to get easier 🙂
This is a great recipe, it has only 5 ingredients, it’s very simple to prepare and it taste great. Here is a strategic trick my mom thought me: when you get home late from work the first thing you do when you get home is to fill a pot whit water and putting it on the stove, so by the time you change and fix the table the water is boiling. Boiling the rice is the biggest effort of this recipe because the scallops literally take 5 minutes to be ready!
Brown butter and cornmeal scallops over rice, keep it simple and enjoy the delicate flavor of a light meal.
Note on the rice: honestly any variety you have at home is fine, Roberto and I are in love with this wild mix, has a great texture and a lot of flavor.
We really hope you’ll enjoy this recipe!
- ¾ lb Baby Scallops
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal
- Salt & Pepper
- boil the rice as indicated on its package
- in a frying pan melt the butter
- when it turn brown add the cornmeal and cook for 2 minutes
- add the baby scallops and cook for 5 minutes or until browning
- add salt, pepper and fresh parsley
- serve hot over a generous amount of rice