Happy holidays everybody! We are hoping you are having the best of times. ???
We are spending ours holidays with family and friends after seven years abroad. We are trilled and excited, and to make it even more special we have Matteo experiencing Christmas for the first time (last year he was only 3 months old, it doesn’t really count as experience).
During the holidays we always tend to over eat, so I decided to prepare a healthy breakfast cake, ideal for a special day, guilt-free ???
This delicious cake is yogurt based, with no butter and very little sugar. It’s easy to make, the all preparation take only 15 minutes
We all had it for breakfast with our favorites coffe and tea. Matteo loved it with his cold milk! ☕️??
- 4 Eggs
- 4 oz Brown Cane Sugar
- 9 oz Plain Yogurt
- 3.5 fl oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6.5 oz Flour
- 1.5 oz Corn Starch
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 bag of Instant Yeast
- 1 pinch of Salt
Preparation: 70 min – Serving: 4
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Pour the 3 eggs in a big bowl
- add the sugar, the pinch of salt and beat them until they became fluffy and homogeneous
- add the yogurt one spoon at the time and mix gently with a whisk
- add the lemon zest
- pour the olive oil slowly
- mix all the dry ingredients
- incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg mixture mixing slowly
- spread a little bit of olive oil on the pound cake pan
- pour the cake mixture into the pan
- bake for 55 minutes