It all started the other morning when our friend Catherine (she has an office right upstairs from our chocolate shop), surprised us with fresh herbs from her garden. I’m an herbs enthusiast and I use them to cook everything. This week was stuffed zucchini time and the herb gives a unique personality to the dish.
I think that the best ingredients in any recipes are passion, joy and our feelings in general, todays recipe started with a good amount of friendship, and when you start this good it can only result in a delicious meal!
- 6 zucchini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tomato
- 1 mozzarella cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- wash the zucchini and boil them in hot water for about 5 minutes
- dry the zucchini, cut away the edge and cut them in half lengthwise
- scoop out the flesh and se the zucchini shells in an oven dish
- cook the flesh in a pan with e tbsp of olive oil until it start browning
- add the ground beef to the pan and cook entirely
- add the fresh chopped herbs, salt and pepper
- add the thinly diced tomatoes and cook until almost all the water from the tomatoes in evaporated
- turn off the fire and keep string while you add the diced mozzarella cheese and when it start to melt stuff the zucchini shells
- cook in a preheated oven 400° F for 50 minutes
Check out my other recipes with zucchini: Carrots and Zucchini: Bake it on!