Italy has one of the biggest productions of tomatoes and Italians are the biggest consumer of it. We literally love them and we created so many recipes with it that tomatoes can be part of every meal, and for all of this we have to thank America.
Thankfully tomatoes grow well in each part of the State, from north to south, and when the season come you can smell them in the country side just driving around.
Today I made an easy and never go wrong recipe. It’s very fast to prepare however it needs a long cooking time, but since it’s a perfect side dish you’ll have plenty of time to cook your main dish while the tomatoes are roasting in the oven.
Try it out and let me know, oven roasted tomatoes are a success guarantee!
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- wash the tomatoes and cut them by the long side
- spy olive oil on a big enough oven dish
- display the tomatoes on the dish with their open side up
- cut the garlic in tiny slices and sprinkle it on the tomatoes
- add salt and thyme
- finish the dish with sprayed olive oil
- roast in a preheated oven for an hour and a half at 400 F degrees