Our style of cooking is very traditional but when we have guests we always try to offer something a little bit different from our usual everyday menu.
Saturday night my brother and his fiancé where coming over for dinner, on Saturday we always have limited time for cooking because we work at the chocolate shop until 6pm, se we needed a fast and tasty idea! Roberto came up with this simple combination of a grilled steak over fresh basil pesto everything topped with sauté sliced mushrooms.
The recipe was a bit hit and we had a wonderful evening eating good food and laughing about life!
You can get our classic fresh pesto recipe from this post from last week: Pesto Gnocchi
- fresh basil pesto
- 12 oz. grass fed steak
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Bella mushrooms
- ¼ cup white wine
- salt and pink pepper
- Start by seasoning the meat with 1 tbsp. of olive oil, rosemary, salt and pink pepper
- Pour 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet, warm up the pan and when is really hot add the meet
- Cook about 4 minutes for each side, depending on the thickness
- Turn the steak only ones to ensure the maximum tenderness
- Remove the meet and trough the mushrooms thinly sliced in the cast-iron
- When they start to turn brown add the white wine
- When the wine is evaporated completely assemble the plate and serve warm