Traditionally from Milan, Asparagus and Eggs are a long time favorite in our family. We cook them pretty often when the season come. The recipe is extremely easy and the result is always delicious.
Boil the asparagus in a large pot until tender.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 lb Asparagus
- 4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tbsp Butter
Asparagus and Eggs
Serve: 4 – Time: 40 min
- Boil the asparagus in a large pot of water for 25 minutes or until tender.
- In a little pan melt the butter with the sage.
- Eggs: Bring a large pot of water to a simmer. Carefully break 4 eggs into the water. Cook for 1 minute. If eggs begin to stick, loosen from bottom of pan with a spatula. Poach for 3 to 5 minutes, to desired doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Lay the asparagus and the eggs on a plate, top with the melted butter, add salt and pepper as you like, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Brake the eggs and enjoy warm!