Whether eating alone while watching tv, hosting a kids party or an elegant dinner with the in-laws, you can always count on macaroni and cheese to be a crowd-pleaser.
Cooking pasta in our kitchen is a joyful event. The classic carbonara or pasta with tomato sauce are staples of our diet. From time to time, we also get to experiment and try out new things!
Today we got creative with an American classic, macaroni and cheese. At the base of this recipe is the traditional mac and cheese with the addition of crispy bacon and fresh parsley! Top the whole thing with a crunchy crust of baked parmesan cheese and you can be certain it won’t disappoint you or your guests 🙂
- 8oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flower
- 1/2 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Bacon Strips
- ¼ cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
Macaroni and Cheese
Preparation: 50 min – Serving 4
- Fry the bacon strips until crisp and chop in little pieces, set aside
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux.
- Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheese, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put macaroni in 4 ramikins, and pour sauce over macaroni.
- Spread the previously cutted bacon over the macaroni and cheese.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve.